October Southwest Vacations Sweepstakes ("Sweepstakes")
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID IN ALASKA, HAWAII, PUERTO RICO, AND WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
- Eligibility: Sweepstakes open to all legal residents of the forty-eight (48) contiguous United States and the District of Columbia who are twenty-one (21) years of age or older and have a valid e-mail address at the time of entry and who have not won a vacation from any of The Mark Travel Corporation business units in the last twelve (12) months. Sweepstakes offered in the United States only and shall only be construed and evaluated according to United States law. Employees of Southwest Airlines Co. ("Southwest Airlines"), The Mark Travel Corporation ("Sponsor"), Universal City Development Partners, Ltd. d/b/a Universal Orlando Resort™ (“Universal”), their collective subsidiaries and affiliates, and advertising agencies, and their immediate families (spouse and parents, children and siblings, and their respective spouses) and individuals living in the same households of such employees are ineligible. Eligibility is contingent on agreement to, and compliance with, these Official Rules. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. This Sweepstakes is offered in the United States only and shall only be construed and evaluated according to United States law. Do not enter this Sweepstakes if you are not located in the United States.
- To Enter: Sweepstakes runs from October 1, 2017 at 12:00 a.m. CT through October 31, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. CT (the "Sweepstakes Period"). To enter without purchase or obligation, visit https://res.southwestvacations.com/specialsssl/Deal.aspx?deal=1854 and complete the entry form. All entries become property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Incomplete entries are not eligible. Entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. CT on October 31, 2017. Only one (1) entry per person. No photocopied, mechanically, or electronically reproduced entries accepted. Any attempt by any person found to enter or in any way attempt to obtain more than the authorized number of entries will be found to be ineligible, and their entries will be disqualified. Any eligible individual participating in this Sweepstakes shall be a "Participant." Participation must be by the Participant. Participants are required to provide truthful information and Sponsor will reject any entry that it discovers to be false or fraudulent. Sponsor will disqualify any entry from individuals who do not meet the eligibility requirements, and may also delete any entry received from persons under the age of thirteen (13) in compliance with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act. Sponsor's computer is the official time keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
- Drawing: On or about November 6, 2017, a random drawing from all eligible entries received will be conducted by Sponsor. There will be one (1) potential Grand-Prize winner who will be notified via e-mail and/or phone on or about seventy-two (72) hours after the random drawing takes place. Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received. Participants need not be present to win. All potential winners are subject to eligibility verification by Sponsor, whose decisions are final and binding. A PARTICIPANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE, EVEN IF NOTIFIED OF BEING A WINNER, UNLESS AND UNTIL THE PARTICIPANT'S ELIGIBILITY HAS BEEN VERIFIED.
- Prize: One (1) Grand Prize consisting of: (i) round trip air travel on Southwest Airlines® for winner and three (3) guests to Orlando International Airport (MCO) (subject to Air Travel Restrictions set forth below); (ii) Three-night accommodations in a Family Suite at Universal’s Cabana Bay Beach Resort (quadruple occupancy, room, tax, and hotel self-parking fees only) (or another on-site hotel of Universal’s choosing); Four (4) 3-Park,3-Day Park-to-Park Tickets for admission to Universal Studios FloridaTM, Universal’s Islands of AdventureTM theme parks, and Universal’s Volcano BayTM water theme park; Four (4) tickets to attend one (1) performance of the Blue Man Group show at Universal CityWalkTM (exact time and date to be determined by Universal in its sole discretion); and a 5-day midsize SUV car rental. Approximate retail package value (“ARV”) of $4,980. Any difference between stated ARV and final ARV will not be awarded. Blackout/blockout dates and other restrictions may apply as dictated by airline and/or hotel. Winner’s travel arrangements must be made a minimum of sixty (60) days prior to winner’s travel date and are subject to availability. All elements of the Prize must be redeemed at the same time, and no changes will be permitted upon confirmation. All theme park tickets are valid during normal operating hours only. Operating hours and availability of attractions and shows are subject to change without notice. Some special events may be separately ticketed. Universal reserves the right to change the name of all theme park tickets. Unless otherwise specified, all theme park tickets specifically exclude admission to special or separately ticketed “hard ticket” entertainment events at any of the theme parks, hotels, or within any of the CityWalk venues such as Hard Rock Live® and the Blue Man Group show. Winner is solely responsible for all expenses, costs, or fees associated with acceptance and/use of the prize not specified herein as being awarded including, without limitation, any and all taxes, ground transportation at point of origin, meals, incidentals, tips, telephone calls, parking, souvenirs, taxes, or any other personal expenses incurred during the vacation not specified here. Hotel accommodations do not include (except where noted) incidentals, telephone calls, parking, souvenirs, taxes, or any other personal expenses incurred during the vacation not specified here. No substitutions, cash equivalents, or transfers of prize permitted by winner. Sponsor and Universal reserve the right to substitute prize or portion of the prize with similar prize of equal or greater value due to prize unavailability.
The hotel accommodations are based on availability at time of redemption request and hotel blockout dates will apply as follows:
Winner's travel dates and arrangements are subject to air travel, holiday, blockout dates, and other prize and travel restrictions. Travel dates are subject to Universal and Sponsor approval. Travel must be completed by May 24, 2018 or prize will be forfeited.
Prize must be accepted as awarded or prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. Travel accommodations and other restrictions apply. All costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided, including but not limited to lodging, transportation costs, meals, gratuities and other expenses incurred by accepting the prize, are the sole responsibility of the winner. No prize substitutions, cash equivalent, or transfer of prizes permitted except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. If winner elects to partake in any or all portions of his/her prize with fewer than three (3) guests or no guest, the prize will be awarded to winner and each participating guest and any remainder of the prize will be forfeited without further or alternative compensation provided. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to award a prize of greater or equal value if the advertised prize unavailable.
Air Travel Restrictions: Air travel is subject to Southwest Airlines terms and conditions; certain restrictions may apply. Round trip travel for four (4) on Southwest Airlines will be awarded in the form of eight (8) Southwest flight e-passes. Each Southwest flight e-pass is valid for one-way travel on Southwest Airlines-operated, published, scheduled service. The Southwest flight e-pass will bear the date of issue and the date of expiration. Expiration dates will not be extended, and travel must be completed on or before the expiration date. The Southwest flight e-pass is not valid on interline or codeshare service. The Southwest flight e-pass is non-refundable and is not redeemable for cash or credit. The Southwest flight e-pass will not be replaced for any reason, including, without limitation, if lost, stolen, or fraudulently used. The Southwest flight e-pass is non-transferrable and cannot be sold to a third party. Sale, auction, or re-tendering of the Southwest flight e-pass for money or otherwise is strictly prohibited. The Southwest flight e-pass may not be used for promotional purposes unless previously approved by Southwest Airlines. Any suspected fraud, misrepresentation, misuse, abuse or violation of the Southwest flight e-pass rules and regulations may result in cancellation of the Southwest flight e-pass(es). Southwest flight e-pass holders are required to be nineteen (19) years of age or older and a legal U.S. resident. However, the recipient of a Southwest flight e-pass may arrange travel for another person if done without selling or bartering this Southwest flight e-pass. Air transportation by Southwest Airlines is subject to Southwest Airlines' Passenger Contract of Carriage set out at https://www.southwest.com/contractofcarriage. If the winner does not live in a city served by Southwest Airlines. The winner will book their travel through the Southwest Vacations Promotions department. Travel is based on seat availability. Seats on any desired flight are not guaranteed. Winner and guest must travel on the same itinerary and are responsible for obtaining all required travel documents. If the travel guest is a minor, winner must be his/her parent/guardian, or be accompanied by his/her parent/guardian.
- To Claim Prize: Winner will be notified via e-mail and/or phone, and will be required to complete and sign an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability Release, and where legal, a Publicity Release (collectively, the "Required Documentation"). If a potential winner cannot be contacted using the information provided or fails to respond to Sponsor's attempt to notify them of selection within fourteen (14) days; if any notification is returned as undeliverable or yields an error of undeliverable type "bounce back" e-mail (regardless if the message is ultimately delivered to the recipient); if Sponsor is unable to verify potential winner's eligibility; if potential winner fails to sign and return the Required Documentation within the required time period or fails to comply with these Official Rules; if any prize is returned undeliverable; if a potential winner is unable or unwilling to accept the prize as stated; or if the potential winner cannot be verified as eligible for any other reason, the potential winner is disqualified and an alternate winner is selected. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, the next received and eligible entry received by Sponsor that is fully compliant with these Official Rules shall be deemed the winner, until the prize is awarded or until two (2) attempts have been made to award the prize and each attempt has failed. Sponsor will identify each potential winner and verify the potential winner's eligibility after the end of the Sweepstakes Period. If unable to verify eligibility, Sponsor will select an alternate potential winner within a reasonable time thereafter. If applicable, winner's guest must execute a Liability Release and, where legal, Publicity Release prior to the issuance of travel documents. If a guest is under eighteen (18) years of age, a parent or a legal guardian must sign on behalf of such guest and accompany such minor.
- Conditions: Payments of all federal, state, and local taxes are solely the responsibility of the winner. Winner will be required to sign an IRS Form W-9 with the winner's full social security number or the equivalent. Failure to submit a Form W-9 upon request will result in forfeiture of the prize. Winnings of $600 or more will be reported to the IRS. By participating in the Sweepstakes, winner agrees to have his/her name, voice, likeness, photograph, statements, opinions, biographical information and/or Sweepstakes entry used in any advertising or broadcasting material, whether relating to this Sweepstakes or otherwise, in any media, worldwide, now known or hereinafter developed, in perpetuity, without additional notice, payment, or other compensation unless prohibited by law, and, where legal, to sign a publicity release confirming such consent prior to acceptance of the prize. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, stolen, mangled, misdelivered, postage due, illegible, incomplete or late entries, telephone service outages, delays, busy signals, equipment malfunctions and any other technological difficulties that may prevent an individual from entering or claiming a prize. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the entry process, the operation of Sponsor's website, or otherwise in violation of the Official Rules. Sponsor further reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify the Sweepstakes if it is not capable of completion as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention or technical failures of any sort. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right, but not the obligation, to award any applicable prize(s) from the entries submitted before the cancellation, suspension, or modification of the Sweepstakes. Any attempt to undermine the operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor reserves the right to make changes in the Official Rules, including the substitution of a prize of greater or equivalent value, which will become effective upon announcement. Failure to comply with the Official Rules may result in Participant's disqualification solely at the discretion of the Sponsor. The Sponsor is not responsible for typographical or other errors in the printing, the offering or the administration of the Sweepstakes, or in the announcement of a prize. In any case, the final winner of all prizes will be determined, and prizes will be awarded, within a reasonable time after the end of the Sweepstakes Period, except as agreed between Sponsor and winner. In the event a prize is mailed to a winner, it will be with the prior written consent of the winner and therefore, winner assumes the risk of its loss. Sponsor is not responsible for the safe arrival of a prize. Sponsor is not responsible if potential winner does not receive his/her prize because erroneous, expired, canceled, fraudulent, or fake information was provided during the Sweepstakes. Only the prize(s) set forth in these Official Rules will be awarded. If, through printing or production error, or for any other reason whatsoever, more prizes are claimed than intended and/or set forth in these Official Rules, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes from all legitimate, unawarded, eligible prize claims.
- Indemnification; Limitation of Liability: NEITHER SPONSOR, UNIVERSAL, SOUTHWEST AIRLINES, NOR THEIR AFFILIATED ENTITIES IS RESPONSIBLE FOR PRINTING OR TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS IN ANY SWEEPSTAKES-RELATED MATERIALS OR TRANSACTIONS THAT ARE PROCESSED LATE OR INCORRECTLY OR ARE LOST DUE TO COMPUTER OR ELECTRONIC MALFUNCTION. THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS BEING MADE EXCLUSIVELY BY THE SPONSOR. SPONSOR, UNIVERSAL, AND SOUTHWEST AIRLINES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR TECHNICAL, HARDWARE, SOFTWARE, OR TELEPHONE FAILURE OF ANY KIND, LOST OR UNAVAILABLE NETWORK CONNECTIONS OR FRAUD, INCOMPLETE, GARBLED, OR DELAYED COMPUTER TRANSMISSION WHETHER CAUSED BY SPONSOR, USER, OR BY ANY OF THE EQUIPMENT OR PROGRAMMING ASSOCIATED WITH OR UTILIZED IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, OR BY ANY TECHNICAL OR HUMAN ERROR WHICH MAY OCCUR IN THE PROCESS OF SUBMISSIONS WHICH MAY LIMIT A PARTICIPANT'S ABILITY TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. NEITHER SPONSOR, UNIVERSAL, SOUTHWEST AIRLINES, NOR THEIR SUBSIDIARIES AND AFFILIATED ENTITIES IS RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR INJURY INCURRED BY WINNER AND GUESTS AS A RESULT OF WINNING. BY ENTERING, PARTICIPANTS AGREE TO RELEASE, HOLD HARMLESS, DEFEND AND INDEMNIFY EACH OF SPONSOR, UNIVERSAL, SOUTHWEST AIRLINES, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS, AND ANY AND ALL OTHER COMPANIES ASSOCIATED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES (COLLECTIVELY, THE "RELEASED PARTIES") AGAINST ANY AND ALL LIABILITY, DAMAGES, OR CAUSES OR ACTION (HOWEVER NAMED OR DESCRIBED), RELATED TO OR ARISING OUT OF (I) THE SWEEPSTAKES, (II) PARTICIPANT'S PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, AND (III) THE RECEIPT OR USE OR MISUSE OF THE PRIZE(S) AWARDED HEREIN. POSSIBLE CLAIMS OR CAUSES OF ACTION INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO, INFRINGEMENT OF ANY RIGHT OF PUBLICITY OR INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY; THREATENED OR ACTUAL INJURY, LOSS, OR DAMAGE TO ANY PERSON, INCLUDING DEATH AND DISABILITY; DEFAMATION OR PORTRAYAL IN A FALSE LIGHT (INTENTIONAL AND UNINTENTIONAL); AND DAMAGE TO OR LOSS OF PROPERTY, ARISING OUT OF SUCH PARTICIPANT'S PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES OR RECEIPT OR USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE. IN NO EVENT WILL THE RELEASED PARTIES BE RESPONSIBLE FOR OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES. If for any reason an Participant's entry is confirmed to have been voided or corrupted by any grossly negligent act of the Sponsor, Participant's sole remedy is another entry in the Sweepstakes, subject to availability and provided that the Sweepstakes has not then expired.
- Construction and Disputes: Participants waive any right to claim ambiguity in these Official Rules. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of any entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Texas, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of the State of Texas, or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Texas. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these Official Rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein. Any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys' fees. Sponsor reserves the right to correct clerical or typographical errors in Sweepstakes materials or these Official Rules. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. THE EXCLUSIVE JURISDICTION FOR ANY DISPUTE SHALL BE IN THE FEDERAL OR STATE COURTS LOCATED IN DALLAS COUNTY, TEXAS.
Universal is a prize supplier only in this Sweepstakes; and is not responsible for the administration of the Sweepstakes, the collection of the entries or the conduct of the draws. Notwithstanding the foregoing, any disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or relating to any person’s use of or participation in any portion of the Prize provided by Universal shall be resolved by applying the laws of Florida, without regard to conflict of laws provisions therein, and shall be solely and exclusively brought in the state or federal courts within Orange County, Florida. Such claims shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and all such claims shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event to include attorneys’ fees.
- Official Rules and Winners' List: Copies of the Official Rules and Winners' List (available on or about November 27, 2017) are available at www.southwestvacations.com. Limit one (1) request per household.
- Sponsor: The Mark Travel Corporation, doing business as Southwest Vacations, 8415 South Park Circle, Orlando, FL 32819.
- Administrator: Southwest Vacations, 8415 South Park Circle, Suite 100, Orlando, FL 32819.
HARRY POTTER characters, names and related indicia are © & ™ Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © JKR. (s17)
© 2017 BMP. Cabana Bay Beach Resort TM & © 2017 UCF Hotel Venture II. All rights reserved. Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2017 Universal Studios. All rights reserved.
The 3-Park 3-Day Park to Park Ticket entitles one (1) guest admission to Universal Studios Florida™, Universal's Islands of Adventure™ AND
Universal's Volcano Bay™ Water Theme Park on the same day. Ticket is valid for any three (3) calendar days during a seven (7) consecutive calendar day period which includes the first day any portion of the ticket is used. This ticket also includes seven (7) consecutive calendar days of admission to select live entertainment venues of Universal CityWalk™ which commences and includes the first day any portion of the ticket is used. The ticket will expire in full on the expiration date printed on ticket. Unused days shall be forfeited. The above Admission Media is non-refundable, non-transferable, and must be used by the same person on all days
. Valid only during normal operating hours. Parks, attractions, or entertainment may: close due to refurbishing, capacity, weather or special events; change operating hours; and otherwise change or be discontinued without notice and without liability to the owners of Universal Orlando Resort™ ("Universal"). The above Admission Media specifically excludes admission to separately ticketed events at any of the Universal theme parks or within any of the CityWalk™ venues. Some CityWalk™ venues require ages 21 or older for admission. Does not include admission to AMC®
Universal Cineplex 20 with IMAX®
, the Blue Man Group show or Hollywood Drive-In Golf™. Additional restrictions may apply and benefits are subject to change without notice. Unless otherwise stated, parking is not included and there are no discounts on food or merchandise. Valid Photo ID required